January 30, 2013

Science Center Field Trip

Ben's class and the other 3-year old class went on a field trip last Friday to the Reuben H. Fleet Science Center in Balboa Park. I decided to offer to chaperone for a couple of reasons - I wanted to see how the process worked with the kids riding the bus, staying together, etc, and I had heard the Science Center was a really cool place and we had never been before (and probably wouldn't either with such a long drive from our house). Plus, Ben loves when I come to any of his class activities, which is an added bonus. :)

I have to say the kids did really well.  They listened and stayed together with their partners pretty well.  They all LOVE riding the bus, whish is so cute to see - they can't even see over the seats!  I had to run on the bus to take a quick picture (parents have to drive).  We just stayed in the Kid City area and let the kids run around and play.  Ben especially loved the "Ball Wall" where balls go shooting up pipes and down in various ways.  He spent most of his time cranking the wheel to turn the coveyor belt to push the balls off.

We were there for about 1 1/2 hours, then it was time to hop back on the bus and head back to school for lunch and nap.  I'm so glad I tagged along on their adventure.

On the bus, ready to go!
Kid City
All the kids running around in the beginning, taking it all in
A few of the kids posing on the car (not Ben of course!)
Fun with a big conveyor belt
Nolan having fun!
Playing with the stop light
On the fire truck, spraying the hose
James was having a blast
Ben pushed around a cart and collected all of the stray balls
Couldn't get a smile, but at least he looked up! :)
Just "hanging" out
Dumping styrofoam pieces
The "Ball Wall"
Playing with shapes and textures
Watching a video about a cell while waiting for the bus (as long as it's a TV right?)

No comments: