January 2, 2013

Lights, Camera, Action! Pajama Jam NYE Party

Christy and Scotty sure know how to throw a party! For New Year's Eve, they threw a Pajama Jam/2-year birthday/New Year's Eve party. They blocked their whole front room for "movie night" for the kids, with couches, sleeping bags, giant teddy bears, a projector and sheet up for a screen, big boxes of candy, and a popcorn machine. Since you couldn't enter the front door, they had candles and confetti directing you in through the back gate. The back yard had extra chairs set up, 2 space heaters, a long dining table all set up, a teepee to play in (plus their usual playhouse, swing set and other outdoor games). They had "Lights Camera Action" signs and movie reels all over. Inside, there was chili with all of the fixings, corn bread, some appetizers, and drinks of course.

We started the evening by celebrating Blake's 2nd birthday with a pinata and cake, followed by movie night so the adults could have some "kid-free" time. :) I will admit I went and laid down and watched Brave for a bit with the kids too! We celebrated the New Year with the East Coast at 9pm, then headed home by 9.30pm. Jim and I were in bed by 11pm. Oh, and did I mention we ALL wore our PJ's?  Awesome!  Not quite celebrating like we used to, but great nonetheless.
 
Movie time!  Ben is in the back right with the blue/white/brown blanket.
I joined in on movie night :)
Me and Ben (covering his eyes from Jim's camera flash)
Me, Scotty, and Christy
Me and Tracy (hat made by Ben in school)
Happy New Year!!!
A family pic for New Year's
Watching Times Square festivities
Marcos tickling Ben - ut oh, here it comes!
You better watch out!
Gotcha!

No comments: