I just can't seem to get the tragedy of Sandy Hook Elementary out of my head. I want so desperately to help those families, but I know there is nothing I can do to help them from across the country. It just tears at every fiber of my being and I really just can't fathom what they are going through right now. I was reading through some of the news stories the other day and came across the #26acts movement that Anne Curry either came up with or was endorsing, not sure which. Either way, it just really made me feel like I could finally DO something.
In honor of the 26 lives lost at Sandy Hook, I decided to commit 26 random acts of kindness to strangers. The hope is to spread some happiness and joy in the world and hope that everyone continues to pay it forward. I have bought lunch for the family in the car behind me in line at the McDonald's drive-through, paid the bill for the car behind me in line at the Starbucks drive-through, and then bought several $1 Lottery Scratchers and put them into cards and have been randomly handing them out to people or leaving them on car windshields. It feels so good to be spreading joy in honor of those innocent lives lost.
6 years ago


No comments:
Post a Comment