December 30, 2012

CHRISTMAS

We spent this Christmas in Orange County at my parent's house. It was a wonderfully relaxing few days spent making cookies, going to the park, staying in when it rained, last minute shopping, wrapping gifts, and just sitting next to the fire and Christmas tree, chatting and catching up.

We have a family tradition of opening one present on Christmas Eve, but we forgot until after Ben already went to sleep. My parents insisted I open a present and even though I hesitated, I finally opened it to discover a Nikon 3200 D-SLR! I was so excited, I've been wanting a nice camera for a while now. No one else even opened a gift that night, but I was busy learning how to use my new camera before Christmas morning the next day! So I took a lot of pictures this year because I was having fun with my new "toy".

Jim and Ben baking a Christmas cake
The finished product
Lots of red sprinkles!
Making cookies with the fun colored dough my Dad bought
Ben was very meticulous and hardly made a mess, go figure. :)
More decorating
Christmas Eve dinner at Tutto Fresco - yum!
Ben's reindeer food he made at school
Sprinkling the food in the grass so they find our house
Picking out cookies to leave for Santa
Cookies and carrots
All ready for Santa!
Saying good-bye to Clyde
All ready for Christmas morning - looks like Santa came!
Santa was very nice to Ben this year
Eggnog in moose mugs!  'Tis the Season to be Merry.
Coming down the stairs Christmas morning
Taking it all in
Needs milk before he can get started...
Playing with his Pizza Planet toy
Happy boy
Dad, ready to open presents!
Opening more gifts from Santa
Chuck's Stunt Park!
The big police helicopter Lego set!
Mom's new UGGS
A gift Ben made in school
New microwave and food to prepare from the Hoelting's
The annual Grandparent's picture album
Ben's gifts from the Meier's
School and school bus from Nana & Gramps
New rain boots from Grandma & Papa
Awesome boots
Daddy's new CU shirt from Ben
Ben checking out Grandma's new snow globe music box
New polar bear, Ben named him Snowball
iPad mini - thanks babe!
First Razr scooter
Ben helping Grandma with her big present
New rocking chair pads
Dad's turn with a big one!
A new hammock!!!
My turn to check it out - so comfy!
Time to play with everything
Ben doing a little "sweeping" behind Grandma's chair
Fun with my new camera
Ben and Grandma
Time for dinner
Wearing our crowns from the poppers
A little after dinner game
Relaxing with Papa
Me and Ben relaxing by the fire
Family pic to end the night

No comments: