February 8, 2011

SuperBowl

Well, all good things must come to an end, I guess. We have been going over to our friend's Stefan's house every year for SuperBowl for the last several years (even in different houses), but this year he decided his place wasn't the best to house several people. Jim and I didn't know what we were going to do until some gratious friends of friends invited us over to their place to watch the big game. They have a gorgeous home with an ocean view and big pocket doors that open out onto their patio. With almost 80 degree weather, it was sublime. Of course Jim and I knew we wouldn't see much of the game or any commercials watching Ben, but we still had a great time catching up with some of our friends. There was one other little girl there who was 13 months old, but Ben was way too busy exploring everything outside (like the garden house, their carpet deep cleaner and the rocks in the firepit) to play with her. Hahaha. Ben and I lasted until halftime, but Jim stayed behind to watch the rest of the game and maybe partake in a drinking game or 2!

View of the family room with doors open to the patio
Ben sporting his football clothes
He had fun figuring out the trashcan
Got it!
The only other kid there, Gemma
Ben and I checking out the view from the master bedroom balcony
Ocean view
Family shot, watching the halftime show (yes, Ben nailed his face on a staircase)

No comments: