February 15, 2011

Shower and a Haircut

We were busy last weekend! We headed up to Orange County last Saturday so I could attend Mary Bolwyn's baby shower. Mary and I have known each other since the 2nd grade and went to school together all the way through college (Go Mustangs!). She lives with her husband in Arcadia now, but we have managed to stay in touch over the years. They are expecting their little one March 31st and have not found out the sex. It was so nice to celebrate this special occasion with her. I also got to catch up with Nicole (a friend since Elementary as well), Mary (a friend since Jr High) and Renee (a friend since High School). It is incredible to see where everyone's lives have taken them and all of the exciting things they are doing now - Nicole is going to be traveling to 11 countries in 11 months soon, Renee is a Mom of 2 and Mary is loving life in Studio City with her husband and 2 dogs.

Nicole, Mary, Mary (mom-to-be), Me and Renee
Books for Baby Bolwyn
Opening gifts - the nursery is owl-themed (so cute!)
Jim and Ben came to pick me up so everyone could meet Ben
Family pic after the shower

While I was at Mary's shower, Jim and Ben were spending time with Grandma and Papa T. I know they were excited to see Ben - especially Papa who had both of his knees scoped recently and has been quite bored stuck sitting in his chair and not being able to play any golf. He is getting around really well now and was able to rough house and play with Ben just as well as before.
Playing on the big ball
He thought this was a blast!
Later that day we decided it was haircut time! I've been torn the last couple of weeks whether or not to cut it because I love his little curls. But it was just getting super shaggy and messy. After his naps, it was totally out of control and Jim thought it was looking girly, so off to the kid's haircut place by my parent's house we went! Does Ben like getting haircuts? NO. Is he getting better about it? NO. Did feeding him frozen yogurt while he got it cut help? NO. Did sitting on my lap help? NO. Did watching TV help? Maybe a little. Still lots of tears. But he looks SO MUCH better. :)
The back before the haircut
The front before
Another picture from the front - how hilarious is his face in this one?
At the haircut place with the same lady that cut it last time (she is so patient)!
Check out our double smock! Ben wiping his tears.
No idea what happened here - must have been funny
Not a happy camper
Almost there...
Getting shorter. Check out the chocolate frozen yogurt face!
Coloring the next morning with Grandma
On Sunday we met up with Jordan and Amy for brunch (forgot to take pictures). It was great to see them and give them a little gift for baby girl Bond on the way. Any excuse I get to buy girl clothes, I take it! :) Sunday afternoon Jim and I went to look at cars while Ben took a nap - our lease on the Altima is due soon. Then we headed back home after a great weekend.
I'll post AFTER haircut shots of Ben soon!

1 comment:

Lori said...

Aww his hair cut looks adorable! Jordan & Amy are having a girl?! I don't think I knew that - awesome :)