February 18, 2011

Benmas Begins!

Whenever anyone in my family has several birthday celebrations that span over a couple of weeks, we affectionately refer to it as name"mas", like how Christmas pretty much takes over the whole month of December. Ben is turning 2 tomorrow and Benmas has officially begun! Today Ben had a little birthday celebration at his new school. Jim and I showed up at the school at 3pm, just after their nap and when we walked in, Ben was sitting at the table already wearing his birthday crown! He yelled out "Momma" and "Dadda", pointed to us and ran over - he was so excited to see us! I made blueberry muffins for the class last night, so all of the kids sat in their chairs while Jim got the candles ready to sing Happy Birthday to Ben. Then what I was afraid might happen, did. He wanted to go home. In his words, it was time to "sign out" and "go home". Hilarious. I told him we had to stay for his party, so we had tears during the whole Happy Birthday song! Hahaha. He was still crying when it was time to blow out the candles, so I helped a little. Once he saw the smoke after blowing the candles out, he was back in a great mood and ready to sit and enjoy his muffin with everyone. Jim and I had a great time talking with the kids - they are so cute. They all thanked us for bringing in muffins and wished Ben Happy Birthday one more time before Jim took Ben home for the day. What a great way to kick off Benmas.
Ben pointing me out to his classmates
My eyes are closed, but I love Ben's big smile here Check out my birthday boy with his crown
The short crying spell :)
Blowing out the candles
Ms. Gail passing out the muffins
Jim sitting down with the kids
Loving the muffin - he ate the whole thing!
The kids were all telling us about their shoes and what was on their shirtsBen's classmates
The rest of the class
Ben with Ms. Priscilla
Ben and Jim - ready to head home

1 comment:

Lori said...

Yea what a fun school party! His school looks GREAT and he looks like he had so much fun (besides the mini melt down!)