December 11, 2010

A Whole New World

Well, we finally did it - or maybe I should say I finally gave in, let me explain.....There are only a handful of things regarding Ben that I am adament about and one has been carseat safety and the fact that rear-facing is much safer. Jim was looking forward to turning him around on his 1st birthday, but I wanted to wait since he didn't weigh 20 pounds yet (the weight minimum for turning him around). I promised Jim that if he weighed 20 pounds at his 18-month check-up, then we could turn him. We both went to Ben's 18-month appointment and we were excited to see that he weighed 20 pounds, 10 ounces. I joked to Jim that he could finally have his way and Ben's Dr. overheard and asked what we were talking about. We told him about our agreement and he started asking Jim why he would want to turn him around if he still fit rear-facing and knew how much safer it was....I just kept my mouth shut. :) So rear-facing Ben remained. The funniest moment was when we were leaving Hawaii and Chase looked in on Ben and asked, "Why is he backwards?" We all cracked up. Ben seemed pretty happy rear-facing until the last couple of weeks. He would whine and whine the whole car ride home from daycare. I decided I was finally comfortable turning Ben around now that he is closer to 23 pounds and doesn't look quite so tiny anymore. Needless-to-say, Ben is one happy guy. I think the picture says it all. Congrats little man, you're moving up in the world! :)

1 comment:

Lori said...

Oh my gosh - he is SO HAPPY!!! I totally hear ya that it is safer but man oh man he is excited! He is probably so amazed about what is out in the world while you drive :) Congrats big boy Ben!