December 27, 2010

Santa Came! (Frisbee Christmas)

Every since Jim and I became parents, I have been looking forward to the many Christmas mornings we will get to spend together as a family - opening presents, hanging out in our pajamas all day, making late breakfasts - all with cheesy Christmas music playing in the background. This year we got to experience it for the first time. Although Ben isn't quite old enough to grasp the whole "Christmas" concept yet, he is old enough to get excited about new toys! :) Ben woke up at his usual 6.45am time, so both Jim and I jumped up and got the cameras all ready and got Ben's milk onto the warmer. He usually wants milk FIRST thing in the morning but I wanted him to see the gifts first, so as soon as I walked into Ben's room and he asked for milk, I asked, "Do you want to see what Santa got you first?" and he said, "OK!" I brought him out to the living room and even though he was still super groggy and a bit hesitant at first, he was super excited about the Buzz Lightyear car and went over to check it out pretty quickly. He loved it, as well as the new wagon he received from Santa.
We made coffee, relaxed and enjoyed watching Ben play with his new things before we moved onto opening the rest of the gifts and our stockings. We saved some gifts to open the next day with my parents, but it was still plenty for Ben - he didn't even see the last few presents that we opened. Hahaha. He LOVED the barking/walking puppy Nana and Gramps sent - he had it going all morning and was laughing as it walked around and ran into things! Ben also loved his new Dr. kit, cooking supplies, art supplies, guitar/piano/drum all-in-one instrument, and crayons for in the bath. Oh yeah, and Jim and I got some lovely things as well. :) We had a great first family Christmas - Ben was such a trooper battling a nasty cold too! Now it's time to get dressed and head up to Orange County for another visit from Santa...
Frisbee Family Christmas morning

Checking out his Santa gifts, but still half asleep!

Pointing out his new car
Getting into it now!
Now onto the wagon and blocks
Yep, Santa brought those for you!
Time to play
Riding his new car
Pushing around the wagon
Milk break!
Time for sock gifts
Unwrapping with Dad
Having fun with his new cooking supplies
New shirts for Jim from his parents
And a new shirt and sweater for me!
Back to the car! :)
Art supplies from Donna, Ben's daycare woman
Oops - that's not yours!
"Petting" his new puppy
He loved when it would walk into us
Dr. kit - maybe he won't freak out next time at the Dr??? Yeah right!
Ben loves his new bath crayons!
One happy boy!

No comments: