Tis the Season! We got started with Christmas early this year - the Sunday after Thanksgiving we decided to put up our decorations (all 3 boxes of them!) and get a new Christmas tree. Jim and I always had real Christmas trees when we were first married, but we decided it was just too much of a hassle, mess, and hazard with Ben this year. Last year we were in New York with Jim's family for Christmas so we didn't even have a tree. We definitely miss the fresh pine smell, but just having a tree up and all decorated with ornaments and lights makes every night feel magical. Ben showed a little interest while putting the ornaments on the tree, but since he's battling a cold, he wasn't really in the mood. But every night since, he always yells, "Lights" right when we walk in the door and then he touches and tells me what all the ornaments are - we have all of the non-breakable ones at the bottom of the tree! :)
I am so excited to start sharing Christmas memories with Ben and our little family. When he's a bit older, I'll explain how much I adored both the angel and the little ladder on my parent's tree and was seriously floored when they found a similar angel and pretty much the exact same ladder for me and my sister all these years later to have on our own trees, for our children to enjoy.
I love this time of year - looking forward to all of the festivities this month!
Ben helping Jim put up our new tree
Having fun playing with the box!
Jim hard at work getting the branches just right
Self portrait in the middle of decorating
Ben putting on an ornament
More tree decorating
Making Christmas memories
Ben handing ornaments to Jim to hang up
The finished product!
2 comments:
Looks great! We FINALLY get to finish our tree tonight! The other morning Chase beat me downstairs and I walked down and the tree was already plugged in - ha ha! Now I even tell him to go upstairs at night and plug in the garland and he does it - so awesome to have a little man who can start helping with stuff! Enjoy your Christmas memories this year!! xoxo
PS - I LOVE the picture of Ben handing Jim ornamenst - sooo cute!
Post a Comment