As of November 18th, Ben has been paci free! I can't believe how easily we were able to get rid of it. Ben mostly used pacifiers in the car, for naps and bedtime. However, he became quite attached after our week vacation in Hawaii - he was constantly asking (more like demanding) for it and we gave in since he was dealing with a new environment, new time, being off schedule, etc. But once we got back, we decided it had to go. Especially since we knew Ben would go all day long at daycare without one (we found out recently she hasn't used one for the last 9 months!). We decided that with Ben's personality, it would be best to take away the paci cold-turkey. The car ride to and from daycare on the first day was rough, as was that first evening once we got home. But he went right to sleep without it and slept all night long!
Of course I forgot to search around his crib before putting him down and he found a paci hidden under his bumper sometime in the middle of the night! Little stinker! When he woke up Friday morning, I could tell his chattering was a bit muffled and looked at the video monitor and there was a big white spot in front of his mouth. I thought Jim had given him one in the middle of the night, but nope - he found one hidden in there. I couldn't believe it. So funny. I went in, took it out, and said "Paci's are all gone." He didn't seem to care; he asked for it a few times over the next few days, but we just told him they were "all gone" and he was over it. We are so thankful it was such an easy process for us and are happy we will no longer have pictures with a big paci in Ben's face! :)
What we would see before...
And now we can see his adorable face!
1 comment:
Yea Ben! What a cute face - definitely better to see that cute smile all the time! Now the question is .. can he come steal Chase's? Ha Ha!
Post a Comment