April 16, 2014

Happy Birthday Papa!

Last weekend we headed up to Orange County to celebrate my Dad's birthday. We hadn't been there since Christmas, which also means, before Oliver was born. I can't believe it had been that long, but the time has flown by with a newborn at home. Of course, Grandma and Papa have made several trips down to see us in the meantime. :)

I have to admit I was a little nervous heading up there because Oliver had been such a great sleeper and we had transitioned to the crib and swaddle with arms out not long ago. I was really hoping he would adjust OK and I'd get some sleep up there. Much to my surprise, he did great - more than great actually! We all needed the change of scenery I think (and family time of course!). Ben was on his best behavior and eating great which is always a struggle with him. Jim and I couldn't get enough hot tub time, and little Oliver took great naps and actually slept straight through the night both nights! 9 1/2 hours Friday night and 10 hours Saturday night. We couldn't believe it. Coincidentally, a new noise machine I ordered arrived Friday and that night was the first time I used it and he has slept like a champ ever since, so I think that thing might have special powers or something. ;)

We had a wonderful time celebrating Dad's birthday and just hanging out at their house.  Let's hope we get the same results when we head up there again this weekend for Easter!

Birthday brownies for Papa
Yes, they had eaten some the night before. :)
Ben helping to blow out the candle (of course)
And opening the cards :)
Reading his funny card from Jim and I
And helping to open presents :)
New pictures in frames
And a new phone case
Getting crazy with the tissue paper
Oliver and I watching Papa open presents
The many faces of Oliver with Papa - UNCERTAINTY
PUZZLED
LOVING
NOT HAPPY :)
Oliver took many naps on Papa
Ben playing with the water table on a gorgeous evening
Mom, Jim, and Oliver relaxing outside
Check out these grins
My boys
Ben and Grandma talking to each other on the phone
Another nap on Papa
Morning Candy Crush fun
Ben wanted me to take his picture with Grandma's Easter bunny
Hottub time!
Putting Oliver's feet in

No comments: