October 3, 2010

What should we do today?

We had no plans today. Jim was running a couple of errands on his own and I wanted to get out of the house with Ben. I suddenly felt like an Elementary-age kid who says "I'm bored - there's NOTHING to do!" I remember saying that many times. I actually called up my friend Tracy for some suggestions! I finally decided to run a quick errand at the mall, then walk over to the play area to let Ben run around. He loved this particular playground a few months ago. Well we got to the playground and Ben checked it out for about a second (long enough to take this picture)...

...but then he saw the little mall carts you pay $5 to use that look like little toy cars across the way and ran over to them to play for a bit, until he spotted...
DOORS! Yes, the doors to SEARS were way more exciting than the entire playground. When will he grow out of this one??? :0)
As we were about to leave, I noticed there were some young kids in the bouncy house, so Ben and I decided to give it a try. Since he's smaller than most of the kids, Ben and I got to use it all by ourselves. We had a blast running around, falling all over the place and shooting baskets with the balls.



On our way out, Ben played in the fountains for a while.

Then we watched the Chargers game (the only way we can since they are blacked out!)
And finished up the day with a late afternoon dip in the pool and hottub.


We had nothing planned today and it was a GREAT DAY.

1 comment:

Lori said...

Those unplanned days always turn into the best days! Glad you found something to do :)