August 19, 2011

Like Old Times

Jim and I have both always been big live music lovers - back in college before we even met, in our early dating days, and also when we were first married. Since we had Ben, and honestly just as we've gotten older (hahaha!), the nights spent going to concerts and listening to live music have pretty much ended. Up until a few years ago, Jim and I still made an effort to go to concerts hosted by KPRI. They host FREE concerts - either on the Hornblower or at different venues - for various artists - typically lesser known artists or ones who got their start in San Diego. We have seen Jason Mraz, Tristan Prettyman, Guster, and Matt Nathanson to name a few. It's always a great time and did I mention FREE? And if it's on the Hornblower, you get to hang out with the artists before and/or after their show. We haven't gone in a long time because they are usually on a random weekday and they haven't had anyone play we were excited enough about to find a babysitter. Until we saw the email about Mat Kearney. Jim and I are both fans and it was a FRIDAY night at LA COSTA the night before Jim's BIRTHDAY! We couldn't pass it up. Grandma was nice enough to watch Ben so Jim and I could enjoy some great music on a gorgeous night at La Costa. It felt like the old days......except we raced to Grandma and Papa's house right after since we knew we had to be up with Ben the next morning at 7am! :)

The set up on the patio at La Costa Resort We sat on the end of the 3rd row - about where the guy is standing
The view from farther back Date night! Mat rehearsing/setting up So cool to see them setting up - very relaxed atmosphere Bluefire Grill house band - Ottopilot - they were really goodYes, I got a pic with Ottopilot - I think I cut in front of a 17-year old girl to get this! LOL! Mat Kearney was awesome Sounded so good, even though he was fighting a cold The sun starting to go down


Getting darker The end of the show - "Hey Mama"

No comments: