First of all, this kid is constantly on the go (just like his big brother), so it's getting harder and harder to get him to stay still and sit in front of his blue bear. I tend to get frustrated trying to take a picture because once he takes that sticker off, it doesn't really stick anymore, but I have to say the pictures of him going after his bear and moving all around better represent him at this stage anyway. :)
This little guy is such a great eater, I can't believe it. He likes to be able to feed himself, so the canned baby food no longer works. We have switched to baby food in the squeeze pouches, which he will still eat. They are more expensive, but at least we can still get him to eat lots of fruits and veggies. Otherwise, he tries most everything we give him and especially likes wheat bread, cheddar cheese, Puffs, yogurt melts, Yo Baby yogurt, pancakes, and Cheerios.
Oliver continues to take lots of steps here and there. We usually get about 5 or 6 in a row before he takes a tumble. :) But he is always moving and on the go; he is very active.
Oliver's hair has really grown a lot lately, though it's hard to tell since it's so blond and fine. :) But it has definitely gotten longer and he gets the cutest little curls in the back. Michele, Oliver's daycare woman (and the 2 little girls at daycare), likes to style it up into a mohawk now and then.
Oliver is such a happy, sweet baby. You can see the wheels turning in his head as he takes in the world around him and tries to figure out how things work. He is always flipping toys upside down to see what's going on underneath and to feel any etched writing. :)
Oliver continues to be completely enamored with his big brother. Jim and I get good little smiles when he sees us in the morning or after work, but Ben gets these huge smiles and squeals, it is so cute. Oliver thinks Ben is so funny and always wants to see what he is doing.
This series of pictures shows Oliver playing with his sticker and bear and just being his adorable self. :)
A few major milestones we were working on before our trip to Hawaii:
- Getting Oliver onto formula - although it made me sad to stop pumping when I know breastmilk is the best thing for him and I have a large supply, I also knew that I wanted to be comfortable and enjoy myself on vacation and that didn't include a sore chest and pumping/cleaning parts two times a day. So we slowly introduced formula and after some initial hesitation, we had him solely on formula for the trip - yay! But talk about expensive!!!
- Getting Oliver to sleep through the night - by 9 1/2 months, he still wasn't sleeping through the night and I knew we'd all be sleeping in one room in Hawaii and that would be a nightmare if Oliver was still waking up to eat. So we did some sleep training and minus a setback when he got sick, we had him sleeping 6.30-6.30 by the time we left - phew!
No comments:
Post a Comment