Official Stats:
WEIGHT: 15 pounds, 10 ounces (1%)
HEIGHT: 28 inches (34%)
HEAD CIRCUM: 17 1/2 inches (32%)
But he is happy and healthy and the Dr. was not concerned. In fact, I even got the "OK" to stop giving him a bottle in the middle of the night and to start sleep training. Thank goodness! 9 months with interrupted sleep was just brutal and Mommy and Daddy were ready to have a couple of hard nights to get our little guy to sleep through the night.
Not a whole lot has changed since his 8-month update. We are slowly introducing more and more solids and have added breakfast to his day as well. He seems to try and like almost everything we give him and I hope that continues to be the case. He loves Yo Baby yogurt, wheat bread, eating baby food from the squeeze pouches (expensive preference!), Gerber veggie puff sticks, and drinking water from his sippy cup. We're still working on figuring out a straw. :)
Oliver's cruising is getting much faster and more advanced. He can take steps between furniture and go around our ottoman at top speed. He still tries to walk here and there and will get a couple of steps in before heading to the ground. He also has learned to push himself up to standing from a sitting position. That one still impresses me!
Oliver decided it was time to stop nursing in the middle of the night (the only time I nursed still) abruptly one night. It was when he had a cold and I'm not sure if he just couldn't breathe with his stuffed nose at that angle, or if he was just over it, but one night he absolutely refused and when I tried a bottle instead, he downed it. I wish I had known the last time was the night before (I might have tried to cherish it a little more), but I'm happy he decided he was done and it wasn't something I had to enforce. Just one more reminder that he's no longer our newborn....
Happy 9 months Oliver, what a little ray of sunshine you are!
This was after his 9-month appt - he had bood drawn to test for anemia.


No comments:
Post a Comment