May 7, 2013

Spring is in the air

Spring has definitely arrived!  Living in San Diego, I don't mean the weather either cause, let's face it, it's always pretty nice here.  But we can definitely see it in the plants and flowers and wildlife.  I love that our house backs up to a green area with trees - it's quiet and we get all kinds of animals popping up.

Our rose bushes as the first signs of buds appeared
Our first rose of the season
Before
About to pop!
And once in bloom - notice the one pink one in there
LOVE seeing these every day
Ben's seeds from his Home Depot project were getting too big for the cups
So cool to see them growing
So excited (jumping on the furniture)!
Re-potted
And here's what they look like now - the 3 biggest ones are corn, green beans and watermelon
The birds have discovered Ben's bird feeder and LOVE it!
While I was painting the other day, I saw a road runner walking by :)
Looking into our backyard - bunny in the grass and lizard on the cushion
And now there are a couple of baby bunnies!

No comments: