December 5, 2011

Oh Christmas Tree

This weekend we got our Christmas tree!!! Jim and I were excited to get a nice, big real tree this year after having our small fake one last year in our apartment. There's nothing like the smell of a fresh Christmas tree in the house. Ben was very excited to run around the tree lot and help us pick out the perfect tree. I think we were successful! We got a nice big 9-foot noble fir and although it was a bit messy getting into the house and after getting the lights on, now it looks gorgeous in our living room. We turned on our new Michael Buble Christmas cd, made some hot cocoa and put on all of the ornaments and candy canes last night. Ben put everything on one branch, but we helped him to spread them out a bit. :) We moved one of our couches into the room (since it's still void of any furniture) so we can sit and enjoy our tree at night.

Going to find our perfect tree Going down the rows of trees, looking for "the one"
Ben helping us find our tree Funny guy! And there it is!!! Ben approves Let's get this tree home! Let's do this (time to decorate)! The tree with lights before ornaments Ben putting on ornaments Good times Someone got into the candy canes! Some funny up-close shots Silly guy Jim putting ornaments up high Hanging candy canesLove Putting the angel on top All done! Ben playing with the train after we were done View of the tree from the stairs

1 comment:

Lori said...

How funny! My post has the same title :) I started it a few days ago - guess I should finish - lol! I love the tree - looks so good! Looks like you got some garland up too - looking festive :)