Today we were talking about the "toddler conversion kit" for Ben's crib and if we would ever actually use it. Jim said he thought Ben was ready for it, so we decided to give it a try. He does nap on a mat on the floor at school everyday with no problem. I think I was hesitant because I was afraid he'd keep getting out of bed to play and he would no longer be confined in the morning when he woke up at about 6am and we still wanted to sleep in a little bit longer! Truthfully, I was just sad to see Ben moving on from his crib. It's crazy to see him grow up so quickly. But as you can see from the pictures below, he was so excited! He helped Jim covert the crib to a toddler bed (more like played with Jim's tools) and then got right into bed. We decided to start with his nap first as the test before trying overnight. He played around in his bed for about 45 minutes - walking around, hanging over the edge, getting out but getting right back in a few times, and singing. I think he was too excited to calm down and we were also a bit off schedule for the day to start with. But he finally fell asleep and took a 2-hour nap with no problem! We couldn't believe it. We'll see how the night goes and more importantly, what he does in the morning once he wakes up. :)
Ben's crib before
Getting into Dad's tools
He was so excited about his "new bed"
Testing it out
Time for his first nap in his new bed - check out his new pillow too!
Such a big boy!
We also bought Ben a stool today to use when he goes potty, but I think we've still got some time before that. :)
1 comment:
Awesome - yay Ben! He looks so excited about his new bed! Another milestone down ...
Post a Comment