As we get older and pass the big milestones like turning 21 or 30, birthdays often lose their magic. This year there was no going out to the bars, no party in our backyard and no wine tasting. But I have to say that I had the best birthday yesterday. My husband made me feel so special all day and I just enjoyed spending time with my family. My day started with coffee brought to me in bed (after sleeping in!) by Jim and Ben. Then as soon as I got up, I opened my gift from Jim - a NOOK! I am so excited to start buying books and magazines to read on my new gadget! Then Jim surprised me with another present - a video he had made of pictures and videos from the past year. It is set to music and includes all of the wonderful memories from this past year. I watched that as Jim made breakfast burritos. What a great start to my birthday! The rest of the morning was spent relaxing and playing while we waited for Grandma and Papa to arrive. Ben was so excited to see them - he was running back and forth, giving them both big hugs while laughing and smiling. Shortly after they arrived, we put Ben down for a nap and Jim and I went to look at a few houses while we had some time alone. :) Once we got back, we all just spent time playing with Ben, watching basketball and relaxing. I opened the rest of my presents and Jim made a wonderful dinner for everyone. Then it was time for cake! Funfetti cake, of course (thank you Mom!). Of course Ben got the first piece! :) After cake, my Mom and Dad watched the video Jim had put together for me and then it was time for them to head home and Ben to go to bed. I feel so lucky to have such an amazing family who made me feel so special on my birthday (including those who couldn't be here!). I especially feel so grateful to have such an amazing husband who truly went out of his way to make my day wonderful. 34 is off to a good start.
Opening my first present of the day
A NOOK! Thank you baby.
Papa is here! Big hug from Ben.
Grandma too!
Catching the balloon. Ben could have done this for hours!
Almost got it
He got it!
Sitting down for a lovely dinner
Cake time!
Ben helping me blow out the candles
The cake my Mom made
Ben digging in!
Watching "Mommy's movie" as Ben says :)
Rounding out a great day
1 comment:
Looks like you had a wonderful birthday! Wish we could have been there. Hope you have an amazing year ahead. I want to see the video someday! Love you.
Post a Comment