May 14, 2009

My 1st Mother's Day

I have only had the priviledge of being Ben's Mom for 11 short weeks, but I already feel so much love and pride towards him. He is such a little sweetheart and a true reflection of the love Jim and I share. I have enjoyed every minute I have gotten to spend with him during my maternity leave. I am so grateful we have had this time together.

I had a wonderful 1st Mother's Day with family in Orange County. It was really special to celebrate the day with my sister for her first Mother's Day as well and of course to be together with our Mom too. It doesn't get any better than that! Of course Ben was missing his Nana back in New York, but we will get to see them at Father's Day! :)

Friday night we celebrated Craig's birthday which was on the 3rd of May. Happy 28th Craig!
Opening our gift - a stereo for his office

Celebrating with strawberry shortcake

Ben playing with Grandpa


Ben sleeping on Grandma - she has the touch!

Chase and Grandpa
Saturday while the guys went golfing, the girls (Chase and Ben too!) went over to visit Megan and meet little Michael who was born April 13th. He is such a cutie and was so mellow compared to our little group who showed up and made things way more hectic in her house I'm sure! It was great to meet him and see the boys at all different ages. Congrats again Megan and Cash!

Megan and Michael


Megan & Michael, me & Ben, Lori & Chase - 3 weeks, 3 months, 1 year
Sunday we woke up and the guys treated us to a wonderful breakfast - fruit crepes, turkey sausage and mimosas! It was delicious and so nice to hang out while the men took care of everything. After breakfast, we just enjoyed the nice weather outside and then opened gifts. Lori got a wonderful Kodak album of Chase's first year and also her first set of "coupons" from Craig to use! Gotta love those! :) I got a picture frame with spots for pictures of Ben at every month this year and a sweet poem written by Ben (Jim). I also got a gift certificate to a DaySpa from Lori, Craig and Chase which I can't wait to use! We were definitely spoiled! ;0)

Hard at work on breakfast


The boys enjoying the hottub and great weather


Our gift to Lori - a Coach keychain to put pictures in

My picture frame of Ben's 1st year

I love my little man!

1 comment:

Alexis said...

Happy Mother's Day, Christine.

I love the picture of you three with your little boys. Congrats to Megan too!