February 9, 2015

Santa and Gingerbread

This was our first year with 2 little boys going to see Santa.  And it was quite the success.  No tears from Oliver (I'm assuming next year will be the crying year for Oliver :)) and Ben was just in complete awe of Santa, it was so precious.  He knew exactly what he wanted to ask for (Bumble Bee transformer and a Police Station Lego), but then once he got close, he completely froze up and barely got any words out.  I love the wonder and awe at this age.  And we learned our lesson in the past and signed up for a time online and got to bypass the line. :)

Ben posing for me by the big tree in the mall (with his snap bracelet shaped into a heart)
Our official Santa picture for 2014 :)

A few days later, Ben, Jim, and I got crafty and made gingerbread houses.  I helped Ben assemble the houses and then Ben got Daddy to help him decorate the next night.  Ben did a great job decorating and was so excited about eating them.  Then he took his first bite and quickly realized he doesn't even like gingerbread!  LOL.  Too spicy - in his words.  Oh well, it's the memories we're making, right?

No comments: