We have been looking forward to this day since we bought our house 3 years ago, since a big factor in buying this home was the great school district and the fact Ben could walk to school. But, it was also a major change for Ben, who had been going to Adventure Days Preschool since he was 2 years old. We actually switched Ben to the after-school summer program (Kids on Campus) at the school 2 weeks before school started, so he would at least be familiar with that part of his day (Kinder is only half day). He did great there, especially considering he was the youngest kid in camp.
So Ben was ready for the after-school portion, but Kindergarten was still a new experience, so on 8/25, Jim and I both walked Ben to school and walked him onto the playground area (which is only allowed that first day) and helped him get to school that first day.
Ben was super excited and wanted to carry his backpack himself the whole walk there. Once we got there, he was a little hesitant and clingy, but once it was time to line up to go inside, he was fine. They walked into the classroom and that was it - parents were excused. :) No tears or anything (Ben or me!). As far as I know, he is doing great. It's such a new world - Elementary School - since I never see or talk to his teacher. But I'm told I would hear if there was a problem, so no news is good news I guess. We have heard great things about his teacher and I actually volunteered my time on one of my Fridays off and it was neat to see how the classroom was run and Ben was listening well and doing great with his shapes and numbers the day I was there. :)
Looking forward to a great year and new adventures at his new school.
Ben insisted I take pictures with his camera too :)
Taking our little path to the school
Ben checking out the scene once we got there
A little clingy at first....
Took a while, but finally talked him into taking a picture with this. :)
Lining up to go inside
SO BRIGHT!
A smile to tell us he's OK and ready for this








.jpg)

.jpg)


No comments:
Post a Comment