February 21, 2014

Valentine's Day

It's funny because I thought being on maternity leave, I would have so much free time to do super creative Valentine's for Ben's class and teachers and to decorate the house. Yeah right! I'm lucky to get a shower or a walk in each day! So needless-to-say, we went simple this year. Ben still has very little interest in making something elaborate or even writing his name on his Valentine's himself, so we went to Target and spent 2 seconds picking out Planes Valentine's with tattoos to give to his friends and some chocolates for his teachers. He did decorate and sign the card for his teachers, which was nice. :)

Ben's class actually celebrated Valentine's a day early since it fell on a Friday of a Holiday weekend this year.  He got lots of candy and nice cards from his friends and then on Friday he opened gifts from Grandma and Papa and a big brother gift from the Meier's.  Jim and I got each other little gifts and we just spent the evening at home, celebrating with a family dinner and some yummy chocolate cake for dessert.

Oliver was pretty excited about the day! :)
Onesie courtesy of Aunt Lori and family :)
Hanging out at home
Opening gifts from Grandma & Papa
He loved this little dancing guy
Capped off the day with an evening walk/bike ride (Go Dog Go had to come with us!)

No comments: