July 15th was moving day for the Frisbee family. Jim and I have been dreaming about purchasing a home ever since we got married and I'm still in shock that it actually happened. I didn't blog about house hunting or even being in escrow on our house because I didn't want to get too excited about the prospect of buying a home, just to have it fall through or not work out. Jim found our new home online and after going through a few headaches involved in short sales and just a few slip-ups along the way, we finally closed and got the keys on June 29th. We are so excited!!!
We have been talking up the house to Ben for a couple of weeks, hoping to make a smooth transition and thankfully, it has been so far. He absolutely LOVES having so much space to run around, having a backyard (that includes his water table that had been at Grandma and Papa's for a while) and is obsessed with the garage door. I didn't think about the fact we never had one before and it's one giant DOOR with a BUTTON to push (2 of Ben's favorite things), so he's in love.
The move itself went pretty smoothly. We packed up all of our stuff over the week before the move and were able to move on my Friday off while Ben was at school. We decided to hire movers this time around (our apartment is a good walk from the parking lot) and it was definitely worth it. We didn't quite fit everything in the truck, but since we still have our apartment until the end of August, it's not a big deal. I got to the house before Jim and the movers and when I walked into the family room, I saw a basket of goodies and a card that said "Welcome Home". I thought I was on some HGTV show for a second, but quickly realized it was from Jim. Such a thoughtful gift and made me instantly feel at home.
We are almost all unpacked, but the home improvements, decorating and filling the room with furnishings has just begun. We can't wait to make this house our home.
We have been talking up the house to Ben for a couple of weeks, hoping to make a smooth transition and thankfully, it has been so far. He absolutely LOVES having so much space to run around, having a backyard (that includes his water table that had been at Grandma and Papa's for a while) and is obsessed with the garage door. I didn't think about the fact we never had one before and it's one giant DOOR with a BUTTON to push (2 of Ben's favorite things), so he's in love.
The move itself went pretty smoothly. We packed up all of our stuff over the week before the move and were able to move on my Friday off while Ben was at school. We decided to hire movers this time around (our apartment is a good walk from the parking lot) and it was definitely worth it. We didn't quite fit everything in the truck, but since we still have our apartment until the end of August, it's not a big deal. I got to the house before Jim and the movers and when I walked into the family room, I saw a basket of goodies and a card that said "Welcome Home". I thought I was on some HGTV show for a second, but quickly realized it was from Jim. Such a thoughtful gift and made me instantly feel at home.
We are almost all unpacked, but the home improvements, decorating and filling the room with furnishings has just begun. We can't wait to make this house our home.
Packing up the apartment
Boxes everywhere
Black trash bags did the trick too!
My unexpected gift on the fireplace mantel
Wine, bath salts, chocolate, candle, CD, picture frame
Indeed
Time to set up Ben's bed
Such a great helper!
Ben's "new house"
Peek-a-boo
Cutting windows in Ben's new house
That's better
Anybody home?
Home improvements....Lowe's will be our 2nd home for a while....
1 comment:
Oh my goodness - could Jim be any sweeter with his gift for you! So nice :) What an exciting day - your 1st house! Yay!
Post a Comment