July 16, 2013

Summer Fun / Playing Catch-up

We are still getting used to being back from vacation in Cape Cod (post to follow soon).  We miss everyone and just being there so much.  Since returning home, we have kept ourselves busy with some fun activities.

Ben had another dentist visit and this time he let the hygenist clean his teeth!  Each visit we accomplish one more milestone - last time it was x-rays, this time cleaning, next time we still need to do the floride! :)  Ben still didn't want to attempt the bite-wing x-rays either (can you blame him, those things hurt!), but he got a good cleaning and let the dentist look at his teeth as well.  Everything is looking great!


The day after we got back from Cape Cod, Jim had plans to go to a Beer Fest with some of his buddies, so Ben and I decided to have some fun at Chuck E Cheese's!  I had not been to one of those since I was in 6th grade I think!  Ben had just gone recently for a school field trip, so he felt right at home and was an expert playing all the games and gathering up his tickets.

Showing me his tokens
Ben's silly pirate-style smile :)
Feeding his tickets into the counting machine (genius!)
137 tickets!
His prizes - a rocket launcher, twizzler, and sweet tarts

On July 11th, 7-11 gives away free slurpees - who knew?   I'm so glad I saw this on Facebook!  Ben and I stopped in to one on our way home from swim lessons and enjoyed our free slurpees. :)


Last weekend was the final days of vacation for Jim's cousin, Courtney and her lovely family.  They live in New York and had rented a beach house in Laguna Beach for 10 days.  We decided to pay them a visit for a BBQ and to hang out.  Ben and her 3 kids got along so well and were running all around while we got a chance to chat and hang out.  We stayed for dinner and let the kids play some more before heading out at about 9pm.  We had such a great time and can't wait for them to come out again next year (they already booked the same house for 3 weeks next summer!).

Ben and Chase being silly before dinner
Ben led the kids in grace - so sweet

On Sunday, we visited our local community pool for the first time this summer.  It's so nice to have this pool just down the street and when Ben gets older, there is a slide, diving boards, and a rock wall!  We just spent some time spashing around in the water and eating snacks in the sun! :)


No comments: