June 13, 2013

Colorado Trip to Celebrate Baby Girl Hoelting!

My Mom and I couldn't let Baby Girl Hoelting arrive in July without *some* sort of celebration first. :) We flew out to CO for a long weekend about 2 weeks ago and had such a great weekend.

It started out a bit shaky, with my Mom's flight delayed 2 hours (after perfectly timing our flights to arrive within 10 minutes of each other), but Lori and Chase just met me at the airport and we grabbed some dinner while waiting for my Mom to arrive.

Saturday we decided to visit a fairly new park in their area and it was the most amazing park I have ever seen!  It is huge, has equipment I have never seen, has a carousel, a lake to rent paddle boats, an outdoor stage and theater, and of course basketball courts and soccer fields.  It was a little chilly when we got there, but the sun slowly made its appearance.  We let the boys run around the park and ride the carousel, then decided to try out the paddle boats.  Craig took Chase out for 15 minutes, then Lori, Brady and I got on for another 15 minutes.  It was so fun.  Then we caught a few performances of some dance teams (little kids) on stage before calling it a day (Chase could have watched for hours!).  I could imagine spending LOTS of time there if we lived in CO. :)


Brady thought it was so funny to pose like this randomly.  It was so hilarious.  I managed to catch it on camera a couple of times. :)


On Saturday, we had a girls baby shower brunch with Craig's Mom Carol, Craig's sister Jill, Craig's sister-in-law Melissa, and Jill's daughter Marae.  We had a great time eating some yummy food, chatting (as much as we could over the loud music of the DJ!), and celebrating my niece-to-be!  So excited to have a little girl in our family!  Lori got all kinds of cute girlie clothes and hair bows.  They are ready!

 
Later that day, we headed to a Graduation Party that one of Chase's classmates parents were throwing.  It was quite the shindig!  They had a bounce house, a bounce maze, tons of food, their neighbor had his homemade train going so the kids could ride around the neighborhood (so cool!), and then their backyard was just a great space to begin with - with horseshoes, a play structure, a play house, a sand box, and lots of grass.
 
 
  
 

My Mom and I decided to stay through Sunday night so we could attend Chase's Preschool Graduation Sunday afternoon.  It was so cute!  They had caps and gowns, the school put congratulations signs in their front yard, and the ceremony itself was so special to the parents.  They had a slideshow of pictures of the kids through the years, the kids sang a couple of songs, and then they handed out diplomas and asked each kid what they wanted to be when they grew up (Chase said a baseball player!).  Lots of pop stars coming out of that class! :)

This one cracks me up cause Brady was not happy about picture time! :)
Chase and Carson, his cousin
Carson getting his diploma
Chase's turn!
Playing outside afterwards
Congratulations hug from Grandma H
Burning off some energy after the ceremony!
Goodbye Colorado - till next time!

It was a wonderful weekend that, of course, flew by way too quickly.  I can't believe that is the last time I'll see my sister before she has another baby!  But I am so excited for them and can't wait to be an Aunt again, such a blessing. :)

1 comment:

Lori said...

Great post! Thank you again soooo much for coming out for the weekend! It was so special to me and I had so much fun with you guys! Thanks for getting such great pictures, I like having you around with that nice camera - lol. Love you and can't wait to see you in Sept!