March 14, 2013

B.E.N. (and 4-year stats)

Ben's class has been focusing on letters this year. Every week, they have been learning a new letter and glueing beans to paper to trace each one. They went through A-Z, one a week. Now they are really working on writing each letter and Ben is getting better and better. He told me he could write his name, so I asked him to show me. He would only do it tracing over pencil, but I think he's close to doing it all on his own. It is so amazing to watch him learn something as big as this. I love it.

He also now knows how to spell his last name.

Ben had his official 4-year Dr. appointment last week and I wanted to write down his stats so I don't forget.  He weighed in at a whopping 29 pounds.  Poor guy had just had (and wasn't done with) the stomach flu so I think it was a pound or 2 low.  That put him at 2% for weight (right on his own curve, so the Dr. isn't worried).  He measured 38" exactly.  At home, we have been getting about 38 1/2".  He had to show he could balance on one foot (each side) for about 15 seconds and when I drew a circle, he had to copy and draw the same.  He wouldn't do the eye or hearing tests, so maybe next time. :)


2 comments:

Lori said...

Good job Ben! You are getting so big!!

Meg said...

So cute. :)